Sharjah Expo City
In the framework of its future vision the Emirate of Sharjah as an important business hub in the Gulf Region and the Middle East endeavors and is highly ambitious to continue its historical and civilizational role in developing investment and trade. Moreover, the Emirate of Sharjah is exerting continuous efforts to increase its share in the total re-export trade to global markets.
This has accordingly resulted in the initiative and sagacious directives of HH Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qassimi member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah to support the Sharjah Expo City project. His Highness has allocated the land for this project and provided it with the necessary infrastructure to be suitable for construction of trade centres and permanent exhibitions for brotherly and friendly states. The city enables these countries to strengthen its economic, cultural and social relations and to increase and activate its trade, investment, marketing and promotional activities on light of the facilities granted to the centres and exhibitions in this modern city.
Facilities & Incentives
The Sharjah Expo city which is located in an ideal location in the emirate with full utility services and facilities that enhance the success of establishing trade centres and permanent exhibitions of other countries and reaching its objects in addition to what was provided by the Government of Sharjah and its concerned departments in general and the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce & Industry in particular from services in the said city and to such centres and exhibitions. The following are some of the facilities and incentives offered in the Sharjah Expo City:
- Allocated suitable plot of land sufficient for setting a trade centre and permanent exhibition with all its basic utilities and attachments for each desiring country.
- Possibility of constructing the trade centre and permanent exhibition in design that reflect the civilization and heritage of the concerned country.
- Forum to display and promote available investment opportunities, commercial products, goods and services of companies, institutions and bodies working in the country having a center and exhibition in the city.
- Suitable atmosphere to hold meetings and make direct talks between parties concerned about trade exchange and investments.
- Direct contribution in strengthening economic and cultural relations between UAE in general and Sharjah in particular and the countries having centers and exhibitions in the city.
- Benefit from the big markets in GCC countries, Middle East, East Africa, and the Common Wealth of Independent States.
- Sufficient commercial and investment knowledge and information about markets in the region and to encourage businessmen and businesswomen benefit from it.
- Assist in setting joint investment projects in many fields.
Mechanism of Setting Up
- To study the proposal of establishing a trade and permanent exhibition in Sharjah for one country based on an offer made by the chamber or one of the concerned bodies representing the company desiring to set up the project.
- Support the project set up by a letter directed to the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce & Industry from the concerned body in the country on which name the project shall be set up and to confirm the desire of setting the project and to identify the body the body authorized to establish, finance and manage the center.
- The representative of the authorized body setting the project shall present authorization letter or power of attorney identifying his jurisdictions in addition to the project’s feasibility study showing the project total cost and the method of payment for the project construction cost.
- An agreement shall be signed for the set up of the trade centre and permanent exhibition between Sharjah Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the representative of the authorized body to set the project showing the obligations and rights of each party and specifically the conditions of the project’s plot of land allocation, the usufruct period and the method of payment.
- The Sharjah Chamber of Commerce & Industry shall endeavor to offer the suitable facilities for the project setting body including cooperation in removing any obstacles and the offering of suitable ideas and proposals for the selection of the project’s consultant and contractor to guarantee their efficiency and experience in the project execution.